Terms and Conditions
Code of Conduct for Players/Parents and Officials
PLAYERS - CODE OF CONDUCT
Our Codes of Conduct require the highest standards of conduct from everyone involved in netball to ensure that
their behaviour and actions meet the values and standards expected at all times. Everyone must conduct
themselves inn an honest, fair, impartial and transparent manner.
Our Codes of Conduct are applicable to all aspects of the sport and are driven by England Netball’s Values
(Respect, Teamwork, Achievement and Fun) and the Guiding Principles (set out above).
I will respect:-
• The rules, regulations and requirements of the sport, including, but not limited to, any competitions in which
I participate either directly or indirectly
• The rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in netball, regardless of gender, marital status, race,
colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or political opinion
• The rights, dignity and worth of children, young people and adults at risk and ensure that I am aware of the
safeguarding best practice guidelines and procedures when interacting with them
• Confidentiality and the sensitivities of information I hold on other individuals
• Netball and the individual’s reputation and not take any action or make inappropriate comments about a
fellow participant, coach, official, volunteer or member of England Netball’s staff that will bring the sport or
those associated with delivering the sport into disrepute, including making comments on social media
technology. I will respect EN’s guidance and policies on social media technology
• The position I hold within netball and always conduct and dress myself in an appropriate manner
• The result of the game and will not attempt to offer, offer or accept either directly or indirectly any
consideration whatsoever in return for influencing or attempting to influence the result of seek to achieve
personal gain on a result which I can influence by betting on any match or event where I am participating,
either by playing, coaching or officiating, or through direct or indirect involvement
Netball is based on Teamwork, therefore I will:-
• Not abuse or misuse any relationship of trust or position of power or influence held by me in my team, be
that my playing team, club, county, regional or England Netball
• Be on time, dressed appropriately and ready to give my full attention to the role I am carrying our within
• Recognise that individuals bring different qualities and attributes but “together we will excel”
• Welcome new members, volunteers, and connected participants and co-operate with members, connected
participants, colleagues, coaches, officials and administrators already in the sport
I recognise individuals participate in netball to achieve and have fun, therefore I will:-
• Recognise the achievements of others and applaud their successes.
• Endeavour to ensure that all involved in the sport optimise their potential by promoting the positive
aspects of the sport and never condoning the use of inappropriate or abusive language, inappropriate
relationships, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence
• Not impinge on others enjoyment of the sport or my performance by consuming alcoholic drinks or
smoke immediately prior to or while participating in the sport, or while safeguarding children, young
people or vulnerable adults.
• Ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate in a fair, honest environment by rejecting
cheating, abiding by the Anti-Doping policies and not taking illegal substances immediately prior to or
while participating in the sport.
• Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat; be sporting – whether I win or lose; always
acknowledge the other team and the umpires at the end of the game with a handshake or three cheers.
• Never argue with an official or participant during a game and listen to and co-operate with officials’
• Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse of officials, coaches,
spectators or participants, or deliberately distracting or provoking a participant, coach or official is not
acceptable or permitted behaviour in netball.
• Enjoy the game and ensure others can also enjoy it.
I will endeavour to abide by this Code of Conduct and promote it to others. I understand that if I fail to follow the
Code, the England Netball, the Regional Association or the County Association my take action against me under
the Disciplinary Regulations which may result in sanctions including fines and suspension.
CODE OF CONDUCT & GUIDANCE
The enjoyment and safety of your child when involved in a netball activity is of paramount
importance to England Netball. Every child will be encouraged and asked to ensure that their
behaviour and actions meet the values and standards expected of them at all times. As
parents, you are asked to support our Codes of Conduct and embrace the spirit of our game.
As a parent/carer, I will:-
• Encourage my child to play within the rules and respect officials’ and coaches’ decisions
• Support my child’s efforts and performance, give positive comments that motivate and
encourage continued effort and learning
• Understand that competition is about winning and losing, so results are always accepted
without undue disappointment
• Be a positive role model to my child by helping them work towards skill improvement and
• Remember that children learn best by example; I will applaud good play by both my
child’s team and their opponents
• Thank the coaches, officials and other volunteers who give their time for my child and not
interfere with their decisions
• Help when asked by a coach or official
• Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all people involved in the game, regardless of
gender, marital status, race, colour, disability, sexuality, age, occupation, religion or
• Read the rules of the sport to understand better what I am watching and discussing with
• Promote this Code of Conduct to other parents, carers and supporters
• Be aware of my child’s club safeguarding policy and ensure that any concerns are
reported to the Club’s Safeguarding Officer or England Netball’s Lead Safeguarding
As a parent/carer I will not:-
• Pressure my child in any way; I know that this is their sport not mine
• Use inappropriate language, harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators
• Criticise or ridicule my child for making a mistake or losing after the game
• Force my child if they are unwilling to participate in the sport
• Arrive at a netball activity under the influence of alcohol or drugs
• Use Social Media technology to bring the game into disrepute or make an inappropriate
comment about an athlete, coach, official, volunteer or member of England Netball staff
• Consume illegal substances either immediately prior to or while being at a netball activity
where my child is participating in the sport
• Consume alcoholic drinks or smoke either immediately prior to or while being at a netball
activity where my child is participating
CODE OF CONDUCT
Coaches, Club Officials (Umpires, Scorers, Timekeepers,
Table Officials, Team Managers, Mentors) and all other Volunteers
This Code of Conduct states the values and standards expected at all times. In addition to these,
when in my capacity as a coach, umpire, table official, team manager, mentor or volunteer, I will
• Be a positive role model for netball by acting in a way that projects a positive image of my
role within netball and being fair, considerate and honest with participants and officials
• Display high standards in my language, manner, punctuality, preparation and presentation
to ensure that all time spent with me by participants or colleagues is a positive experience
• Exercise reasonable care and skill when carrying out my duties, including but not limited to
keeping up to date with the latest practices and developments by taking up further
education and other personal and professional development opportunities
• Be consistent, independent and demonstrate complete impartiality through exercising
reasonable care and skill to enforce rules of the game by applying the fairly and to effect
control of the game
• As a coach, seek to inspire and motivate in accordance with an individual’s abilities to
enable them to play to the best of their ability and realise their potential
• As a coach, provide athletes with planned and structured training programmes appropriate
to their abilities and goals by ensuring that equal attention and opportunities are available
to all, including those requiring a modified plan due to sickness or injury
• As a tutor, assessor, tester, trainer, verifier or mentor, provide candidates with the
appropriate information, planned and structured programmes appropriate to their needs
and goals, ensuring that equal attention is applied, and to provide appropriate feedback
following observation of a session
• Be mentally and physically fit to carry out my role within netball
• Ensure that the training and/or competition environment is safe and appropriate for the
age, physical and emotional maturity, experience and ability of the athletes
• Ensure that I follow instructions and comply with all health and safety regulations that
apply to the role that I am undertaking
I will endeavour to abide by this Code of Conduct and promote it to others. I understand that if I
fail to follow the Code, The England Netball, the Regional Association or the County Association
may take action against me under the Disciplinary Regulations which may result in sanctions
including fines and suspension.
Data is stored on Pitchero, they are the Data Controllers and ensure data is stored according to GDPR Regulations.
Woodley Netball Club are the Data Processors, we use the data, and do so according to GDPR Regulations.
What data do we store ?
We collect data about you from the online registration form in Pitchero or from paper registration forms.
Name, Address, Telephone Number , Mobile, Emergency Contact Details, Gender, Date of Birth, Doctors Contact Details, Medical Conditions, England Netball Membership Number, School, School Year Group, Player Team and Position , Previous Clubs , Photo.
Other Information that can be added to your Pitchero Profile by yourself includes Height , Weight , Birthplace, Occupation and Biography. This information is not required nor maintained by Woodley Netball Club.
If information is collected in paper format, this is held until Pitchero is updated with your details and online England Netball affiliation has been completed and then is securely destroyed.
Team Captain, Coach and Managers may keep your contact details on their personal mobile phones and will make provision to keep these details secure using pins and/or passwords.
Team Captain, Coach and Managers may keep paper copies of your contact details for match or training requirements on their person or secured at their property.
How do we protect your personal data ?
We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational
security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which
might expose you to serious risk.
Why do we need this data ?
Name, Address, Telephone Number , Mobile, Email
We need this to be able to contact you regarding Netball Matches, Training, Events and other club business.
Emergency Contact Details, Doctors Contact Details
We need this to be able to contact people on your behalf in case of an accident or emergency whilst you are in our care.
Gender, Date of Birth, England Netball Membership Number, Previous Clubs.
We need this information to enable us to register you with England Netball for affiliation purposes.
Some leagues require us to provide a photo for identification purposes. This can be viewed publicly on Pitchero and associated league websites. If this is required for registration , and you have not uploaded a photo and do not want to provide a photo then your Team Manager will arrange alternative options for you. Uploading a photo to Pitchero acts as consenting to the use of this photo for these purposes.
School, School Year Group, Player Team and Position.
We need this for club administration purposes to ensure you are registered to the correct team and events relating to this team.
How long do we keep the data ?
Your data will be retained for as long as you remain a Member of the Club and will remain with England Netball unless you explicitly request England Netball to delete the information held.
Who do we share this data with ?
Your data is shared with England Netball for Affiliation purposes.
Your data is shared with Netball South or other Regions as appropriate.
Your data is shared with the leagues that are affiliated with the club, where there is a possibility you will play within that league.
Your data is shared with Woodley Netball Club Committee members and Woodley Netball Club Coaches.
Your data is shared with your Team Captain, Coach and Manager.
We do not make your information available to any other individuals or organisations unless legally required to do so.
You may modify your own contact details at any time using the
website or by contacting the Affiliations Secretary.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the website or by contacting the Affiliations Secretary and your contact details will be removed. This will mean that you will no longer be able to be contacted.